How to receive HRPT
For everyone that want's to get started at HRPT here are some good sources that should help.
If you have questions after you watched the Videos and read the articles you can sen us an email under email@example.com
Here is an example image you can get with that method from todays weather satellites:
(NOAA19 from the 06.05.2018)
The First thing you can do is watch the following Playlist on Youtube about our HRPT reception: Road To HRPT Playlist
There are also some blog post over on tysonpower.de that could help:
Many People say that you need a rotor for poointing the Antenna at the Satellite, but i just track them by hand. The image above is recorded with a 1.2m Dish on a campingstand using the elevation adjust on the Mountingbracket of the Dish.
Because many people asked us about a short list what you need you can find one down below:
- Satellite Dish (80cm offset or bigger)
- L-Band Helical Feed (Our 3D printed one for example)
- LNA (two SPF5189Z or similar)
- L-Band Filter (1700mhz +/- 20 at least)
- Airspy mini SDR (similar or better)
- Recent Computer / Notebook (i5-7200U is okay for NOAA live decode)
If you have the decoded Data you can create an image with the free software HRPT Reader from satsignal.eu